Today Rockstar Games announced GTA+ a new paid monthly subscription service for grand theft auto online. GTA+, which launches on March 28, will only be available to PS5 and Xbox Series X/S players and will offer those who sign up for it monthly cash deposits, exclusive access to new rewards, events double and triple XP, and more.
Included in the newly announced service, which will cost $6 per month, is a varied list of bonuses and benefits. Some are better than others. Most players will probably be interested in the $500,000 monthly deposit into their GTA online Bank account. If you wanted to buy that much money through a Shark Card, it would cost you $10. So that alone might make the plan worthwhile for some.
Another benefit is early access to a new car and free upgrades for that car, exclusively for GTA+ members. And GTA+ subscribers will get a free car shop and LS Car Meet membership, which is especially good for new or old players. LS Car Meet and Car Shop missions are some of the best new content GTA online has in the game currently.
Here’s the full list of everything Rockstar is offering GTA+ subscribers for the first month and beyond:
- $500,000 automatically paid into your Maze Bank account.
- The Principe Deveste Eight – plus a free upgrade from Hao’s Special Works before it becomes available to the general public – plus the HSW Orange Trip and HSW CMYK Glitch liveries.
- The Auto Shop located in La Mesa. Current Auto Shop owners may relocate at no additional cost.
- Cancellation of LS Car Meet membership fees. Current members of the LS Car Meet with GTA+ will receive a GTA$50,000 refund during this event period.
- Yacht owners can upgrade to the Aquarius Super Yacht at no additional cost.
- The Frog Gusset t-shirt and the Broker Prolaps basketball top and shorts automatically added to your wardrobe.
- The conveyor livery for the Mammoth Avenger, HVY APC and TM-02 Khanjali.
- A selection of free paints and emblems for the Auto Shop.
- 3x GTA$ & RP on Hao’s Special Works Race Series.
- 2X Car Meet Rep on the Street Race series.
For a first month, and for only $6, it’s not a horrible list of goodies and perks. However, Rockstar also promises to continue offering new exclusive rewards and gifts to GTA+ members over time. We therefore hope that the coming months will include better rewards or more useful exclusive items. Personally, I would like to see this monthly deposit increase to $1 million.
Rockstar has confirmed Kotaku that all bonus items, such as cars and yachts, will remain with players even after they stop paying for the service. He also confirmed that the coming months will include new exclusive and early access to upcoming vehicles.
Recently, Rockstar’s massive online open-world crime simulator made the jump to the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S, showing that he has no signs of disappearing anytime soon. Now we have GTA+, but even more, proof that GTA online is not yet close to death. Although it is strange that neither the new updated edition of the game nor this new subscription option is available for PC gamers yet. Kotaku contacted Rockstar about its plans for PC players.
Rockstar isn’t the first company to launch a premium subscription service for an ongoing live game. Another example is Epic’s Fortnite Crew, which is a similar structure subscription service launched in December 2020.